● Q: Where did you go to school?
I didn’t, but I did go to what’s called a magnet school where we got majors. Mine was Film.
● Q: When did you first realize that you wanted to work in animation?
When I was 12 and watched FMA for the first time
● Q: Who is your biggest inspiration?
ALL of my friends who I love, but if I have to be honest, it’s Amanda Sitareh B. We have known each other going on seven years now, and worked together for two, and she is a sunbeam of positivity and encouragement.
● Q: What is your favorite animated movie/show?
This is Such a hard question to answer but I’m gonna say Card Captor Sakura.
● Q: What would you say to those who are not getting hired by a studio or having trouble
finding a job?
That it’s okay to have other goals and aspirations in life. I got extremely lucky to test for PH, and this was after I had already given up the notion that I’d ever work on a production, and yet here I am. I feel better about it having done other things first.
● Q: What are some stories of your path to art and animation?
Oh they’re very long and somewhat tumultuous. We all have our own complex relationships with our art. I have gone for long periods of time just Not drawing, even years. It was always good friends who inspired me to not give up the skill altogether that brought me to where I am today.
● Q: What’s it like working in Austin? And how is the creative community here?
Listen I’m from Vegas, almost everywhere is better than that pit. I really am enjoying every part of Austin so far, and I’m at 2 years and counting
● Q: What is the best part about your job and working at Powerhouse?
Being inspired and encouraged by my beautiful friends, and the genuine relationships I have forged here. People are chill, the office space is chill, and last but not least– damn, I work on Castlevania B)
● Q: What is your favorite Powerhouse Project that you’ve worked on?
Well, since I’ve got the one: Castlevania
● Q: Most challenging part of working at Powerhouse?
Storyboarding isn’t anywhere near easy, but the satisfaction when they’re completed and approved is unprecedented.
● Q: Any cool little known facts about production (funny stories/cool animation tricks/etc)?
There are so many. Like, the wholesome horny mom who sends “Richard Armitage” (the studio) homemade cookies every year. Or listening to Jason Isaacs be extremely sassy while recording his Judge dialogues.
● Q: If you could be any anime character who would it be and why?
Sesshomaru. Because… Sesshomaru.